Bardowie Castle is located 2 kilometres east of Milngavie. Bardowie was the property of the Clan Galbraith from 1214, and passed by marriage to John Hamilton of Cadzow in the later 14th century. The tower was built in 1566, with additions made from the late 17th or early 18th century.
Craigend Castle is a ruined country house, located to the north of Milngavie.The lands of Craigend were part of the Barony of Mugdock in medieval times, but the estate was sold in the mid-17th century to the Smith family. It later passed to the Buchanans