Alloa Tower is in Alloa. It is an early 14th century tower house that served as the medieval residence of the Erskine family, later Earls of Mar.
Broomhall Castle was originally built in 1874 for James Johnstone. It is situated in Menstrie, on the Ochil Hills . In 1906 it was sold to an Italian Riding School, then in 1910 it became the Clifford Park Boys Prep School. In 1941 the building caught fire whilst the boarders were camping in the grounds.
Clackmannan Tower is a five-storey tower house, situated at the summit of King's Seat Hill. It dates back to at least the 14th century, when it was inhabited by King David II of Scotland, and David is recorded as selling it to his cousin Robert Bruce in 1359.
Castle Campbell is a medieval castle situated above the town of Dollar. It was the lowland seat of the earls and dukes of Argyll, chiefs of Clan Campbell, from the 15th to the 19th century.
Menstrie Castle is a three-storey manor house in the town of Menstrie. The castle was built around 1560 by the Alexander family, a branch of the Clan MacAlister. From the early 17th century, it was home to Sir William Alexander, 1st Earl of Stirling, who was instrumental in founding the colony of Nova Scotia.
Sauchie Tower, also known as Devon Tower, is a 15th-century tower house by the village of Fishcross, 1 kilometre north of Sauchie. The lands of Sauchie were granted by King Robert the Bruce to Henri de Annand, Sheriff of Clackmannan, in 1321. Sauchie Tower was built by Sir James Schaw of Greenock, Comptroller to the King.