Two week Intensive course
This course is perfect for those who live a bit away and fancy a working holiday or those who just want to make a traditional kilt for a loved one. However, more often than not this is the start of your kiltmaking journey.
The course is
Monday to Friday 10am – 4 pm in our Leith workrooms.
You will have the weekends free to discover our beautiful city.
During the two weeks you will make one full traditional handsewn kilt under the complete supervision of a time served expert kiltmaker.
- You will enjoy learning the wonderful and exciting history of kilts and tartan.
- Be able to understand the complexities of tartan the textile.
- How to take measurements of all shapes and sizes.
- How to set up different tartans.
- All the different hand sewing techniques.
- Then you will hand sew the entire kilt under the supervision of an expert kiltmaker
The cost of this course is £950 (including VAT)
It includes all of your sewing equipment and the tartan of your choice
There are a lot of places for accommodation, from Airbnb to Top Hotels to choose from.
Course dates 2024
be sure to book early as spaces fill up fast.
Feb 19th – Mar 1st
Mar 18th – 30th
April 15th - 27th
May 13th – 25th
Sept 2nd – 14th
Oct 7th – 19th
Please contact Nikki for more information and to book a spot: firstname.lastname@example.org