Cranstoun Tartan Shop

An area of Midlothian may have given rise to this name. Possibly from the Anglo Saxon meaning ‘Place of the Crane’. The families that settled here and took the name owning lands around Edinburgh and Roxburghshire, the first recording of the name was Elfric de Cranston who is one of the witnesses to a charter by William the Lion in the Abbey of Holyrood around 1170.

read the clan history >

3 products